Orange Pound Cake with Shine Bakehouse Pancake Mix
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 Mins||45-50 Mins||12|
- 2 1/2 Cups Shine Bakehouse Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoon Orange Zest
Ingredients for Optional Glaze
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease the loaf pan with cooking spray or butter, and line the bottom of the loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a stand mixer or in a bowl with an electric mixer combine; pancake mix, sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- By hand, fold in the orange zest.
- Pour mix into the prepared loaf pan, make sure to clean the edges of the loaf pan so that nothing burns
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. When you insert a toothpick into the loaf, it must come out clean. Continue to cook until the toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and cool on the counter for 1 hour.
- If you are going to glaze the cake, combine the glaze ingredients and pour it over the entire loaf.
Another option if you do not want to glaze the cake but want more orange flavor, you can add the fresh orange juice right into the cake mix along with the other ingredients.